Start with purpose. What is the purpose of this room re-design? How do I want the room to feel? Is it going to be gaming related, relaxation related? What do I want to do in this room? These are the questions I’m considering.
- Relaxed, calm and comfortable – consider brighter colours (whites, light greens/blues, grey sort of colours)
- Little bit of console gaming (include a TV).
- Smart home and automation (include Apple TV and HomePod mini)
- To have morning coffee and planning and reading sessions when needed (include a seating mechanism, couch and a lighting solution, consider standing light)
- Good communal area to entertain friends, have a chat and play some board games/video games (include a coffee table big enough to play board games, leave enough space to move around comfortably)
Layout (the area I have to work with):
The room is a “L” shape which makes it a bit awkward to design for.
Divided the room into 4 main areas:
Note: I’ve included photos of before area to have an idea what the space to work with
- Entertainment area, includes:
- Apple TV
- PS5 + VR console + games
- Nintendo Switch + games
- HomePod Mini
- TV Mount + TV Console for storage
- Storage, Charging and Beverage area, includes:
- Storage unit
- 3×4 open storage solution with tubs for storage clearly labelled
- Charging station
- iPhone, Apple Watch, air pods, battery packs
- Beverages, water,
- Storage unit
- Seating area, includes:
- Couch, either L shaped or 2 person seater
- Coffee table
Before pictures (5/5/2021):
This is my vision of what the room will look like when finished. Maybe change the couch to beige colour.